THIS colorful pasta salad is a family favorite and one I make often because I love fresh vegetables. It's a meal in itself or a side dish compatible with any cut of meat. It's also any easy salad I often bring along to a pot luck supper.
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and yellow pepper in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water and drain well; place in a bowl. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad in Reminisce October/November 2006, p49
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review