- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites, water and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, beat eggs and salt until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Fold in the whites.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat or until puffed and lightly browned on the bottom. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 2 in. from edge comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the tomato, zucchini, onion, green pepper and Italian seasoning until tender. Carefully run a knife around edge of ovenproof skillet to loosen omelet. With a knife, score center of omelet. Place vegetables on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide onto a serving plate; cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Vegetable Omelet in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Fresh Vegetable Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
"My wife and children loved this recipe, I would recommend this to eveyone."
Reviewed May. 23, 2010
"Very good! I added some chopped green pepper to the other vegetables."