Fresh Vegetable Frittata
This breakfast dish is perfect if you want to incorporate fresh veggies into your meal.—Pauline Howard, Lago Vista, Texas
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a shallow 2-cup
- baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 each equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.