Fresh Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a shallow 2-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.