- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 cups chopped tomatoes (about 11 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; add vinegar mixture and mix well. Spoon into storage containers, allowing 1/2-in. headspace. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: about 6 pints.
Originally published as Fresh Tomato Relish in Country Woman July/August 1996, p31
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"+very good will make agan"
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2009
"What about relish made from green tomatoes? My tomatoe plants are done for the season but, I have a bunch of green tomatoes. PLEASE HELP!"