Fresh Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1. Make a slit in each tomato. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. When cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard. Seed and chop tomatoes; set aside.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in basil and oregano. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Pasta
"This was pretty good. Quite fast prep & of course, we increased the amount of fresh herbs. We'll make again for a nice lunch."
"Doesn't come out to look like the picture. It wasn't that great."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.