Fresh Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1. Make a slit in each tomato. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. When cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard. Seed and chop tomatoes; set aside.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in basil and oregano. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 291 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Pasta
"This was pretty good. Quite fast prep & of course, we increased the amount of fresh herbs. We'll make again for a nice lunch."
"Doesn't come out to look like the picture. It wasn't that great."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.