- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- Make a slit in each tomato. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. When cool enough to handle, remove skins and discard. Seed and chop tomatoes; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and oregano. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Tomato Pasta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p16
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review