Mexican fare only gets better when topped with Anna Yeatts' colorful Fresh Salsa. The Pinehurst, North Carolina cook uses ripe tomatoes, crisp onion and a touch of minced serrano pepper, making it just as good as a side dish or appetizer with crunchy baked tortilla chips!
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Salsa in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Mexican Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review