Looking for an easy appetizer or side? All you need are a can of refrigerated crescent rolls, fresh tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, olive oil and savory seasonings.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice the tomatoes; place on paper towels to drain. Unroll crescent dough; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion over crust. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper; brush over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Tomato Flatbread in Country Extra March 2010, p49
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review