- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
"Yummy! Could eat this every day"
"Outstanding! Whipped it up at the last minute so served with garlic parmesan bagel chips that were on hand which was excellent, but can only imagine how yummy it would be with the mozzarella and French bread. Will definitely try that next time as well as on grilled chicken, etc. It's a keeper!"
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"Excellent recipe! Lots of flavor. Made them for a bridal shower and everyone loved them! Several wanted the recipe! We love them!"
"Very good. Didn't butter bread. Forgot to buy basil, so used pesto and added a little more Parmesan cheese to pesto, then didn't add oil."