- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe! Lots of flavor. Made them for a bridal shower and everyone loved them! Several wanted the recipe! We love them!"
"Very good. Didn't butter bread. Forgot to buy basil, so used pesto and added a little more Parmesan cheese to pesto, then didn't add oil."
"Flavors are excellent. The recipe indicated I could make the topping ahead of time; I was worried refrigerating the tomatoes would affect the texture, but the topping was excellent and I made it several hours in advance. My mistake was broiling the brushetta 15 minutes before my guests arrived - my bread was very soft by the time we ate it. Make sure to broil, then top, just before serving. Also, my husband came home with pre-sliced mozzerella and I think they were a little too thick - the edges of my bread burned before the cheese fully melted. All of this was user error and not the recipe, and I will make again,"
"Made this last night. Served over grilled chicken with melted mozzarella cheese on toasted hamburger buns. Yummy!"
"Best bruschetta I've eaten! We thought it was a little heavy on the garlic for our tastes, but that's easily adjustable. Will be making this one regularly!"