- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Spread baguette slices with butter; top each with a cheese slice. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
"I used this bruschetta on top of homemade pizza. It was so fresh and light!"
"Yummy! Could eat this every day"
"Excellent recipe! Lots of flavor. Made them for a bridal shower and everyone loved them! Several wanted the recipe! We love them!"
"Very good. Didn't butter bread. Forgot to buy basil, so used pesto and added a little more Parmesan cheese to pesto, then didn't add oil."
"Flavors are excellent. The recipe indicated I could make the topping ahead of time; I was worried refrigerating the tomatoes would affect the texture, but the topping was excellent and I made it several hours in advance. My mistake was broiling the brushetta 15 minutes before my guests arrived - my bread was very soft by the time we ate it. Make sure to broil, then top, just before serving. Also, my husband came home with pre-sliced mozzerella and I think they were a little too thick - the edges of my bread burned before the cheese fully melted. All of this was user error and not the recipe, and I will make again,"
"Made this last night. Served over grilled chicken with melted mozzarella cheese on toasted hamburger buns. Yummy!"
"Best bruschetta I've eaten! We thought it was a little heavy on the garlic for our tastes, but that's easily adjustable. Will be making this one regularly!"
"I really liked that this recipe does not have raw onions, but it tasted like something you would get in a restaurant."