- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic and basil in oil for 1 minute.
- Arrange half of the provolone cheese over the crust. Layer with half of the tomatoes, basil mixture, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Repeat layers. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices, 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza
"Quick, easy and tasty!"
"Easy to make and tasty too!"
"I have made this quite a bit..great in the summer with the fresh basil. I usually have to double with my family of 6."
"I've been making this for about 6 yrs now...I love it. So easy and taste great. Not heavy like regular pizza. Goes great with red wine. A good "date night" meal for me and the hubby."