Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic and basil in oil for 1 minute.
- 2. Arrange half of the provolone cheese over the crust. Layer with half of the tomatoes, basil mixture, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Repeat layers. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices, 3 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 680 calories, 44 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,399 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza
"Easy to make and tasty too!"
"I have made this quite a bit..great in the summer with the fresh basil. I usually have to double with my family of 6."
"I've been making this for about 6 yrs now...I love it. So easy and taste great. Not heavy like regular pizza. Goes great with red wine. A good "date night" meal for me and the hubby."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.