Fresh Tomato Basil Pizza
I crave this bruschetta-like pizza in spring, when I'm planting tomatoes in our garden. Slices make great appetizers when the tomatoes are ripe. But you can also serve the pizza alongside a grilled entree or as a meatless main course.
3 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations.
- Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile,
- in a small skillet, saute garlic and basil in oil for 1 minute.
- Arrange half of the provolone cheese over the crust. Layer with half
- of the tomatoes, basil mixture, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Repeat
- layers. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6
- slices, 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 680 calories, 44 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,399 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a