Fresh Tomato & Cucumber Salad Recipe
“This bright, fresh recipe is so easy to prepare. It helps us to find a use for the many vegetables we accumulate from our garden and from friends who kindly share vegetables, too.” —Jodie Gharbi, Shreveport, Louisiana
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Drizzle with half of the dressing; toss to coat. Arrange salad greens on a large serving plate; spoon tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts and drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 209 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC