- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Drizzle with half of the dressing; toss to coat. Arrange salad greens on a large serving plate; spoon tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts and drizzle with remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Tomato & Cucumber Salad
Sort By :
"This salad was very good and had great flavor. I will be adding this to my regular summer menu plan."
"We loved this. A nice way to use fresh veggies from the garden. You can make the night before too."
"Fresh is definitely appropriate for this Mediterranean-styled salad. Easy to prepare and perfect for a summer dinner!"
"I loved it. The only changes I made was not to use the mint as I did not have any and used ripe olives in place of the greek ones."
"Fresh, easy, healthy.... luv it!"