Fresh Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, bring the orange juice, butter, orange peel and pumpkin pie spice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain sweet potatoes; return to pan. Pour glaze over potatoes and stir gently to coat. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fresh Sweet Potatoes
"Needs brown sugar. juice makes it sour."