Fresh Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These delicious potatoes from our Test Kitchen bring a great orange flavor to your plate. The delicate sweetness of the potato is fresh tasting, and a nice contrast from sticky-sweet, canned candied yams.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, bring the orange juice, butter, orange peel and pumpkin pie spice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain sweet potatoes; return to pan. Pour glaze over potatoes and stir gently to coat. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p13
Reviews for Fresh Sweet Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >