These delicious potatoes from our Test Kitchen bring a great orange flavor to your plate. The delicate sweetness of the potato is fresh tasting, and a nice contrast from sticky-sweet, canned candied yams.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Place sweet potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, bring the orange juice, butter, orange peel and pumpkin pie spice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Drain sweet potatoes; return to pan. Pour glaze over potatoes and stir gently to coat. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Orange-Glazed Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p13
Reviews for Fresh Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
"Needs brown sugar. juice makes it sour."