Fresh Summer Salsa Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 56 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Fresh Summer Salsa
"excellent salsa. Easy to stir up. Can be adapted easily for each families taste.While I like mango, my daughter doesn't, so when she is around, I leave it out."
"FANTASTIC recipe! I don't like avocados or black beans, and I still LOVE this! I took it to a party and the other guests loved it, and I'm planning on making it for company again tonight. Delicious! And I wouldn't change a thing about it."
"I have made this recipe at multiple gatherings and have many requests for the recipe"
"I made this salsa for the Labor Day weekend and everyone loved it! Only changes were that I used the whole can of black beans and replaced the jalapeno pepper with an Anaheim pepper. Delicious and different recipe that is great with tortilla chips but also worked well as an addition to wraps."
"Wonderful - my whole family voted it #1 salsa of the year!"
"Made this for a bridal shower and everyone raved about it, didn't last long. I didn't use the jalapeno pepper and only used 1/4 cup of cilantro that was plenty."
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.