Fresh Summer Salsa Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Chill until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup salsa (calculated without chips) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.