Fresh Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. With a fork, mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside. Arrange remaining berries in pastry shell.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add mashed strawberries and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- 3. Cool for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over berries in pastry. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.