Fresh Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 pints fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- With a fork, mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside. Arrange remaining berries in pastry shell.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and water; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add mashed strawberries and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon over berries in pastry. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Strawberry Pie in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p16
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2013
I've made this recipe many times and always get rave reviews. It's quite easy for a quick fresh strawberry pie!
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2008
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >