Fresh Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Crush strawberries; drain and reserve juice. Set berries aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 3/4 cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; add boiling juice mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool completely.
- 2. Stir in crushed strawberries. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into berry mixture. Return all to the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before serving, beat until fluffy. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 423 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Mousse
"I substituted Spenda for sugar and used sugar-free gelatin. Turned out just as good and was able to be eaten by my diabetic parents."