Fresh Strawberry Mousse Recipe
With a whipped topping, this strawberry treat from Mary Jo Vanderwest of Grant, Michigan makes a sweet, elegant dessert.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Crush strawberries; drain and reserve juice. Set berries aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to measure 3/4 cup; pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and sugar; add boiling juice mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool completely.
- 2. Stir in crushed strawberries. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into berry mixture. Return all to the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before serving, beat until fluffy. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 423 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Mousse
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC