Fresh Strawberry Mousse
With a whipped topping, this strawberry treat from Mary Jo Vanderwest of Grant, Michigan makes a sweet, elegant dessert.
3 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Crush strawberries; drain and reserve juice. Set berries aside. Add
- enough water to reserved juice to measure 3/4 cup; pour into a
- saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and
- sugar; add boiling juice mixture and stir until gelatin is
- dissolved. Cool completely.
- Stir in crushed strawberries. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft
- peaks form; fold into berry mixture. Return all to the bowl. Cover
- and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before serving, beat
- until fluffy. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 423 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.