Fresh-Squeezed Pink Lemonade
There's a nice balance of sweet and tart in this refreshing summer drink. It becomes perfectly pink with the addition of grape juice. —Cindy Bartnicki, Mount Prospect, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 lemon peel strips
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 5 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grape juice
- Lemon slices and maraschino cherries, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water, sugar and lemon peel to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the
- heat. Discard lemon peel.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remaining water, lemon juice, grape
- juice and sugar mixture. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices
- and cherries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 141 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.