Fresh Sesame Green Beans
Looking for an ideal accompaniment to almost any entree? From Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Linda Vietmeier shares this simple side dish or fresh green beans mildly flavored with sesame seeds and garlic cloves.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the sesame seeds and garlic in oil.
- Drain beans; stir into garlic mixture. Season with salt. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4 cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 73 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.