Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad
"You seem to be the only person that knows you have to toss the cuke slices in salt first to tenderize them."
"3 words - TO DIE FOR! We add a little garlic powder too!!"
"This is a favorite of ours during the summer. It's wonderful!"