Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 19 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad
"You seem to be the only person that knows you have to toss the cuke slices in salt first to tenderize them."
"3 words - TO DIE FOR! We add a little garlic powder too!!"
"This is a favorite of ours during the summer. It's wonderful!"