Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad
I learned to cook at an early age and have collected many recipes. Whenever I take this salad to a church supper, it's the first one to disappear!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle
- cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and
- drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil,
- sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.