Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad Recipe
I learned to cook at an early age and have collected many recipes. Whenever I take this salad to a church supper, it's the first one to disappear!
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander. Set the colander on a plate; sprinkle cucumbers with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and cayenne. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Cucumber Salad in Country April/May 2000, p49
Reviews for Fresh Sesame Cucumber Salad(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2011
You seem to be the only person that knows you have to toss the cuke slices in salt first to tenderize them.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2010
3 words - TO DIE FOR! We add a little garlic powder too!!
Reviewed May. 25, 2010
This is a favorite of ours during the summer. It's wonderful!