"We like salsa with chips as an afternoon snack," reveals Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "This recipe uses a lot of fresh tomatoes and keeps well for several days in the refrigerator."
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand for about 1
- hour. Serve at room temperature. Store in a covered container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving (prepared without added salt) equals 22 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.