"We like salsa with chips as an afternoon snack," reveals Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "This recipe uses a lot of fresh tomatoes and keeps well for several days in the refrigerator."
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand for about 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Fresh Salsa in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p12
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fresh Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review