Fresh Salsa Verde
This flavorful salsa is delicious with tortilla chips, but it's also great served on tacos and grilled meats. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 to 4 serrano peppers, stems removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In an ungreased skillet, cook tomatillos over medium heat for 10
- minutes or until tender and browned, turning frequently. Cool on a
- wire rack. For a milder flavor, remove veins and seeds from serrano
- peppers; finely chop peppers.
- In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, peppers, onion, 2
- tablespoons cilantro, garlic and salt; cover and pulse just until
- mixture is coarsely pureed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.