Fresh Salsa Verde Recipe
This flavorful salsa is delicious with tortilla chips, but it's also great served on tacos and grilled meats. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 to 4 serrano peppers, stems removed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In an ungreased skillet, cook tomatillos over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender and browned, turning frequently. Cool on a wire rack. For a milder flavor, remove veins and seeds from serrano peppers; finely chop peppers.
- 2. In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, peppers, onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, garlic and salt; cover and pulse just until mixture is coarsely pureed.
- 3. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC