- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Let stand for about 1 hour. Serve at room temperature. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fresh Salsa
"I've been looking for a quick and easy salsa and this is awesome. will make again. And can it be canned ?"
"This was really easy and delicious! I added some black pepper and used extra garlic. Will make this again!"
"Very good salsa. Every time I make it, it goes very fast. I have never had leftovers!!"
"We love this salsa. It is delicious. when my tomatoes are ripe, I love to make this salsa. I don't add jalapeno peppers, I don't like it spicy, but I do substitute green peppers. I forgot the salt once & it didn't taste as good, I added it & it was great. Love this salsa!!!!!"
"i also would like to know if this can be frozen, or canned? And for how long?"
"How long can you store salsa, can you freeze it?"