Fresh Salmon Omelet Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (1 inch thick, about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, optional
- 1/4 medium green pepper, optional
- 1. Remove the skin and bones from the salmon; cut into 1/2-in. chunks. In a 10-in. skillet, saute the salmon, onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat eggs. Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium heat; add eggs. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- 3. When the eggs are set, spoon salmon mixture over one side, then sprinkle with cheese and pepper; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-1/2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- 4. If desired, make a tomato rose. With a small sharp knife, peel the skin in a thin continuous strip, starting from the base of the tomato. Roll up tightly, skin side out, from the stem end. Tuck end of strip under rose and place on omelet. From green pepper, cut two leaves. Arrange on each side of tomato rose. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fresh Salmon Omelet
"Quick, simple and tasty! Great easy to follow instructions, loved the background story too. Thank you!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.