Fresh Rhubarb Crunch Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press half of the mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Rhubarb Crunch
"A little spray to my glass pan prevents sticking, you have to have the yummy buttery crust on the bottom! Yummy just like my Mom used to make, thanks for the reminder!"
"I use that same recipe except that I don't put the crust mix on the bottom. It always sticks. I cut down on the ingredients and put it all on top, and it works much better. This is one of my very favorite desserts. I often make it with the sugar and Splenda blend too."
"Made this recipe many times. Won't bother with rhubarb crisp anymore. This also freezes very well."