Fresh Rhubarb Crunch Recipe
"My siblings and children all love this family-favorite recipe. My mother used to make it often. It's irresistible served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream." Suzanne Perry, Elm Grove, WI
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press half of the mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Rhubarb Crunch
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC