- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press half of the mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish. Top with rhubarb.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Pour over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Rhubarb Crunch
Sort By :
I use that same recipe except that I don't put the crust mix on the bottom. It always sticks. I cut down on the ingredients and put it all on top, and it works much better. This is one of my very favorite desserts. I often make it with the sugar and Splenda blend too.
Made this recipe many times. Won't bother with rhubarb crisp anymore. This also freezes very well.