Fresh Raspberry Pie
Mouthwatering fresh raspberries star in this luscious pie. There's nothing to distract from the tangy berry flavor and gorgeous ruby color. A big slice is an excellent way to enjoy the taste of summer.Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin
- until dissolved. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place raspberries in the crust; slowly pour gelatin mixture over
- berries. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat graham cracker crust) equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.