Fresh Raspberry Crisp Recipe
I grow raspberries, so I'm always thrilled to find new ways to use the fruit. But one "old" way that my family loves is this crisp, which is my mom's recipe.—Donna Craik, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream
- 1. Crush 1 cup raspberries; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining raspberries. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 439 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Raspberry Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC