Fresh Raspberry Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream
- 1. Crush 1 cup raspberries; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining raspberries. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 439 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Raspberry Crisp
"Delicious. I took this to a Bible Study group and everyone raved about it. It was so easy, and I even used frozen raspberries, which made it even easier to "cool" the raspberry mixture. Will definitely make again."