- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream
- Crush 1 cup raspberries; add enough water to measure 1 cup. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture until well blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining raspberries. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of the crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Spread with cooled berry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Crisp in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p44
Reviews for Fresh Raspberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2010
Delicious. I took this to a Bible Study group and everyone raved about it. It was so easy, and I even used frozen raspberries, which made it even easier to "cool" the raspberry mixture. Will definitely make again.