Plums are a nice change from the typical fruit fillings found in quick breads. These pretty loaves have a tasty topping of cinnamon-sugar and crunchy pecans.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted fresh plums (about 9 small)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, egg and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in plums. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Plum Quick Bread in Country August/September 2005, p51
Reviews for Fresh Plum Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review