Fresh Plum Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pitted fresh plums (about 9 small)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, egg and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in plums. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Fresh Plum Quick Bread(2)
Sort By :
Not a lot of flavor and WAY too moist, fell apart when I tried to slice it. Not worth the work.
Really tasty bread. Had some extra plums around and decided to finally make this bread. I didn't have the lemon peel and I substituted walnuts for the pecans on the topping and I substituted coconut oil for the canola oil. Still was amazing. The one issue I had is that it turned out really moist, so moist that one loaf fell apart coming out of the pan. Still very delicious.