Fresh Plum Kuchen Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add lemon peel. Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Arrange plums on top; gently press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Plum Kuchen(2)
Sort By :
I had an abundance of plums and peaches to use so I tried 4 different kuchen recipes that I found online. This one was by FAR the best! I served it to company and I was a star! I used both plums and peaches and it looked pretty :). I want to make another one and freeze it.