- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh plums (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add lemon peel. Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Arrange plums on top; gently press into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan; remove sides. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Fresh Plum Kuchen
"Someone brought in tons of plumbs to work so I took some home not knowing what I'd do with them. Luckily that same date TOH posts this lovely recipe. Super easy and quick, and OMG so good. perfectly tart and sweet. The lemon peel really gives it a kick, don't skip. You could totally do this with any other fruit I think. It feels like a good holiday dessert so I plan to make again and again."
"I had an abundance of plums and peaches to use so I tried 4 different kuchen recipes that I found online. This one was by FAR the best! I served it to company and I was a star! I used both plums and peaches and it looked pretty :). I want to make another one and freeze it."