Fresh Plum Crumb Dessert Recipe
Talk about comfort food, here's a delectable example from Janet Fahrenbruck-Lynch, the winner in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her old-fashioned dessert has the perfect sweet-tart balance with its fresh-plum tang and sweet, crispy topping. Imagine it warm from the oven, served with a scoop of ice cream…yum!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 7 large plums, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the plums, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, mace and remaining flour. Add egg; stir with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over plum mixture. Drizzle with butter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until plums are tender and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC