- 3 medium fresh plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground allspice
- Place the plums, apples and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return all to the saucepan. Add sugar and spices; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Plum Apple Butter in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p39
Reviews for Fresh Plum Apple Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2011