Fresh Pear Ginger Crisp Recipe
Gingersnaps lend crunch to my heartwarming cool-weather classic, featuring the season's juiciest fruit—pears.—Linda Robertson, Cozad, Nebraska
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 7 medium pears (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. With clean hands, work butter into oat mixture until well combined. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Place pears in a small bowl; add flour and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 268 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC