Fresh Pear Ginger Crisp
Gingersnaps lend crunch to my heartwarming cool-weather classic, featuring the season's juiciest fruit—pears.Linda Robertson, Cozad, Nebraska
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 7 medium pears (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. With clean hands,
- work butter into oat mixture until well combined. Refrigerate for 15
- Place pears in a small bowl; add flour and toss to coat. Transfer to
- a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is
- golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if
- desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 268 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.