Fresh Pear Crisp Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat stick margarine, cut into pieces
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- 2. Place pears in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, ginger and remaining cinnamon; toss to coat. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 130 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Crisp
"Nice to make a dessert that doesn't do away with the benefits of eating fruit,"