Fresh Pear Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and oil; beat thoroughly. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in pears and vanilla. (The batter will be stiff.)
- 2. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 slice: 424 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Fresh Pear Cake
"Wow! Everyone at home loved it! Easy to make."
"The cake tasted OK, not very sweet at all. If I did make again, I would substitute mashed pears for half the oil and add some more sugar. But if I'm going to eat this many calories on a piece of cake, I want it decadent. This was more like a loaf recipe in terms of taste and texture."