Fresh Pear Cake Recipe
When pears are in season, I love to make this family favorite. It's moist and keeps well, and makes a wonderful dessert as well as a breakfast or brunch cake.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed. Gradually add sugar and oil; beat thoroughly. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in pears and vanilla. (The batter will be stiff.)
- 2. Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; beat until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 424 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Pear Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC