Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
Peach grower Judy Marshall enthusiastically shares this fruit-filled recipe she gives customers at her family's Schreiman Orchards near Waverly, Missouri. "This favorite recipe is reprinted annually in our cookbook," relates Judy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool.
- 2. Arrange peaches in crust; pour filling over peaches. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 290 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC