Fresh Peach Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly and thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool.
- 2. Arrange peaches in crust; pour filling over peaches. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 290 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fresh Peach Pie
"This went together quickly with tasty results. I used orange jello and flavorful white peaches. The color of the jello helped the presentation."
"We made 4 pies and they all went. Everone loved them.But we had one problem, the jell-o would not set right on all 4 pies.why? Thank-you for any help you can give us."
"We LOVED this pie. I made a few adjustments; I used mango gelatin instead of orange or peach and only poured 3/4 of it over the fresh fruit. I also piled the fruit in very high in the crust. A big hit!"
"Used the peach jello and my family including 3 grandsons really enjoyed---will definitely make again----delicious"