Fresh Peach Lemonade
Looking for a new twist on lemonade? Fresh peaches lend a fruity flavor to this summertime must-have. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups water, divided
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water, peaches and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until peaches are
- tender. Remove from the heat. Cool. Strain, discarding peach skins.
- In a large pitcher, combine the peach mixture, lemon juice and
- remaining water. Add lemon slices and mint if desired. Serve over
- ice. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 182 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.