- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups orange juice
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup orange sections (about 2 medium oranges)
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually stir in orange juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter, yogurt and orange peel. Cool slightly.
- Spoon into 10 dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Top with orange sections just before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Orange Soft Custard in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p81
Reviews for Fresh Orange Soft Custard
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review