Fresh Mushroom Spinach Salad
I'VE MADE this salad for my husband and me for years. I don't like cooked spinach, so I was looking for an alternative way to prepare this nutritious vegetable.
This salad is especially delicious made with fresh spinach from the garden.
-Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and croutons. In a jar with
- a tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt
- and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.