I'VE MADE this salad for my husband and me for years. I don't like cooked spinach, so I was looking for an alternative way to prepare this nutritious vegetable. This salad is especially delicious made with fresh spinach from the garden. -Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
Featured In: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and croutons. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1999, p47
Reviews for Fresh Mushroom Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2010
"This was very good and very easy to make. I forgot to add the croutons, but it was still excellent."