Fresh Mushroom Spinach Salad Recipe
I'VE MADE this salad for my husband and me for years. I don't like cooked spinach, so I was looking for an alternative way to prepare this nutritious vegetable. This salad is especially delicious made with fresh spinach from the garden. -Patty Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania.
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled cooked bacon
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and croutons. In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Reminisce Extra August 1999, p47
Reviews for Fresh Mushroom Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2010
"This was very good and very easy to make. I forgot to add the croutons, but it was still excellent."