Fresh Mozzarella Tomato Salad Recipe
“It will only take you a few minutes to prepare this attractive salad and have it ready when a hungry bunch is coming in to eat,” says Regina Wood of Mackenzie, British Columbia. Basil is the finishing touch.
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 204 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC