“It will only take you a few minutes to prepare this attractive salad and have it ready when a hungry bunch is coming in to eat,” says Regina Wood of Mackenzie, British Columbia. Basil is the finishing touch.
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Alternate tomato and cheese slices on a platter. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella Tomato Salad in Country Woman January/February 2007, p31
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2013
"How is this unlike a Caprese Salad? Seems a little disingenuous."
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2011
"i didn't have fresh and had to use dry and it still tasted great."
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2009
"I just cut my tomatoes and mozzarella into chunks and mixed everything together. It was yummy!"