We love this fast, fresh sandwich, especially when it's too warm to turn on the oven to make dinner. I pair it with a fruity white wine and pasta salad or fancy potato chips. We often add avocado to the sandwiches and in the summer, use fresh Walla Walla onions. - Stacey Johnson Tacoma, Washington
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons wasabi mayonnaise
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 2 thin slices sweet onion
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Spread toast with mayonnaise. On two slices, layer the cheese, tomatoes, onion and basil; top with remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2 in Taste of Home
Reviews for Fresh Mozzarella Sandwiches for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2009
"This is the same recipe that we use to make panani sandwiches (except we use regular mayo). We add a bit of basalmic glaze to it and toast it up. Very good."